Friday, December 25, 2009

Facing Ali (2009)

For the holidays, I'm checking out some great sports videos and movies. Yesterday, I saw Invictus and started watching "Dhani Tackles the Globe" . Today, I saw this great documentary, which featured Ali's opponents. It was better than listening to commentators hearing the real experts talk about boxing.


A beautiful, honest film, 24 December 2009
10/10

Author: jimbob12404 from Accord, NY

I wasn't sure what to expect with this film. I had not heard anything about it and when I was able to get a copy I figured it would be a puff piece, but it is much much more than that. Interviews with several opponents of Muhammad Ali reveal a lot about both the interviewees themselves, and their lives, and their almost unanimous love for Ali. Footage of each fighter's bouts with Ali is plentiful and exciting, and watching it will make you cry when you realize how much he has lost over the years. Something else that will make you cry is what one of his greatest opponents--I won't say who it is---cries openly for Ali and calls him "a great guy...and I hope he gets to live the way we all live...he's earned it." This film just knocked "Tyson" out of the top spot in my best sports documentaries of the year list.

Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1419318/ (via shareaholic)

Posted via email from Brian's posterous

No comments: