Monday, September 7, 2015

Searchers find child's head, other remains in Garfield Park lagoon | Chicago Sun-Times

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/71/937755/garfield-park-lagoon-search-child-remains

Ald. Jason Ervin, (28th), said investigators told him the victim was likely 2 to 4 years old. Kids that age would be noticed by relatives or neighbors if they went missing, Ervin said Sunday.

"It is unthinkable that someone would dismember a child and throw them into the lagoon," he said.

"My main concern is that this is not a larger incident," Ervin said Sunday afternoon while addressing reporters yards from the lagoon.

"I would hope and pray that it's just one child," he said. "But I don't think anyone can answer that definitively at this point."

"I am not aware of any missing children right now. I would just hope the people in the community or across the city would just know that a child is not around from a relative or family member or neighbor and make that call to 911," Ervin said. "I don't believe that there is need for widespread alarm throughout the community in its entirety."

No comments: