Sunday, March 25, 2012

I just didn't know .....


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Maria Jordan-Smith" <mariajordansmith@>
Date: Mar 24, 2012 1:17 AM
Subject: I just didn&apos;t know .....
To: <mariajordansmith@>

Today I got up and like every other day since December 2nd, I put on my unemployed clothes.  Leggings and a long top are my staple of clothing now days  Today though I put on a RBS  (Royal Bank of Scotland) wind breaker because of the rain.  I'm in and out of the car and it's easy breezy.  The wind breaker is a pullover and has a hood on it and at varies times during the day I put the hood on as I was getting in and out of the car.  For some reason today I received lots of nods and thumbs up and I didn't know why.  This went over my head until I got home and listened to the radio and signed on to Facebook.  Now I realized that everyone I encountered had a hoodie on of some sort, even some young white guys.  They were all in solidarity for the Treyvon incident.  I didn't have a clue.  At first I felt like an idiot because I didn't know what was going on. I knew what happened to Treyvon and the surrounding circumstances but  I wasn't up on the news for today, not to say if I did I would have worn a hoodie.  I just don't own a hoodie, I least I thought I didn't.
Now that I have come across all the post on facebook and viewed all the pictures of everyone taking a stand with their hoodies I feel like WOW!!  If we all can take a stand on all the injustice that goes on ........... You should see all the pictures out there of everyone in support ...young, old, white, black, etc.... It's amazing.  My heart goes out to his family.  We all should continue to lift them up in prayer.
take a peep at this ... as of Friday evening this post received 26,737 views.

Dear parents of Trayvon Martin,
As a white mother of a white son, I do not pretend to know what you must be going through right now. I respect and honor our differences. My neighbors and I have taken these pictures because we want you to know that you are not alone. We have all wept for your son. We dress our children in hoodies because we want them to grow up to share the burden we feel. We want them to know that if a child or a group of children are not safe in this world then we are all responsible. We want them to know that today, at this moment, we are all Trayvon.
May God bless you and bring you comfort.
 — withAnna George Vizcarra-Barton, Claudia Vizcarra andBenjamin Frank Vizbarton.

Posted via email from Brian's posterous

No comments: